RINIA SHQIPTARE FORUM

Pershendetje vizitor i nderuar...
Me sa duket, ju nuk jeni identifikuar akoma ne faqen tone, ndaj po ju paraqitet ky mesazh per tju kujtuar se ju mund te identifikoheni qe te merrni pjese ne
diskutimet dhe temat e shumta te forumit tone.

- Ne qofte se ende nuk keni nje Llogari personale ne forumin ton, mund ta hapni nje te tille duke u Regjistruar
-Regjistrimi eshte falas dhe ju merr koh maksimumi 1 min...

Me Respekt dhe Kenaqesi:
Staffi i Forumit Rinia Shqiptare

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RINIA SHQIPTARE FORUM

Pershendetje vizitor i nderuar...
Me sa duket, ju nuk jeni identifikuar akoma ne faqen tone, ndaj po ju paraqitet ky mesazh per tju kujtuar se ju mund te identifikoheni qe te merrni pjese ne
diskutimet dhe temat e shumta te forumit tone.

- Ne qofte se ende nuk keni nje Llogari personale ne forumin ton, mund ta hapni nje te tille duke u Regjistruar
-Regjistrimi eshte falas dhe ju merr koh maksimumi 1 min...

Me Respekt dhe Kenaqesi:
Staffi i Forumit Rinia Shqiptare

RINIA SHQIPTARE FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirsevini ne Rinia Shqiptare Forum!!!

Degjo radion online

2 posters

LETERSIA SHQIPE FAN NOLI

lani
    lani
    Administrator
    Administrator

Gjinia : Male

Numri i postimeve : 726

Piket : 1414

Vendodhja : system32

Reputacion : 19

Data e hyrjes : 15/08/2009

Mosha : 32

Hobi:: : HaCkEr

rreth LETERSIA SHQIPE FAN NOLI

Mesazh nga lani Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:15 am

Fan Noli (1882-1965), also known as Theophan Stylian Noli, was not only an outstanding leader of the Albanian-American community, but also a pre-eminent and multi-talented figure of Albanian literature, culture, religious life and politics. Noli was born in the village of Ibrik Tepe (Alb. Qyteza), south of Edirne (Adrianopole) in European Turkey on 6 January 1882. His father Stylian Noli had been a noted cantor in the Orthodox church and had instilled in his son a love for Orthodox music and Byzantine tradition. Fan Noli attended the Greek secondary school in Edirne, and in 1900, after a short stay in Constantinople, settled in Athens where he managed to find occasional and badly-paying jobs as a copyist, prompter and actor. It was with one such itinerant theatre company touring Greek-speaking settlements in the eastern Mediterranean that Noli first arrived in Egypt. Abandoning the company in Alexandria, he found work from March 1903 to March 1905 as a Greek teacher and as a church cantor in Shibîn el Khôm and from March 1905 to April 1906 in El Faiyûm where a small Albanian colony had settled. Here he wrote a number of articles in Greek and translated Sami Frashëri’s Shqipëria - Ç’ka qënë, ç’është e ç’do të bëhetë? (Albanian - what was it, what is it and what will become of it?) into Greek, works which were published at the Albanian press in Sofia. In Egypt, Noli learned more about the traditions of Byzantine music which so fascinated him from his teacher, the monk Nilos, and resolved to become an Orthodox priest himself. He also came into contact with the nationalist leaders of the Albanian community such as Spiro Dine (1846?-1922), Jani Vruho (1863-1931) and Athanas Tashko (1863-1915) who encouraged him to emigrate to America where he could make better use of his talents. The young Noli agreed.

In April 1906, with a second-class steamer ticket which was paid for by Spiro Dine, Fan Noli set off via Naples for the New World and arrived in New York on May 10. After three months in Buffalo where he worked in a lumber mill, Noli arrived in Boston. There publisher Sotir Peci (1873-1932) gave him a job at a minimal salary as deputy editor of the Boston newspaper Kombi (The nation), where he worked until May 1907 and in which he published articles and editorials under the pseudonym Ali Baba Qyteza. These were financially and personally difficult months for Noli, who did not feel at home in America at all and seriously considered emigrating to Bucharest. Gradually, however, he found his roots in the Albanian community and on 6 January 1907 co-founded the Besa-Besën (The pledge) society in Boston.

In this period, Orthodox Albanians in America were growing increasingly impatient with Greek control of the church. Tension reached its climax in 1907 when a Greek Orthodox priest refused to officiate at the burial of an Albanian in Hudson, Massachusetts on the grounds that, as a nationalist, the deceased was automatically excommunicated. Noli saw his calling and convoked a meeting of Orthodox Albanians from throughout New England at which delegates resolved to set up an autocephalic, i.e. autonomous, Albanian Orthodox Church with Noli as its first clergyman. On 9 February 1908 at the age of twenty-six, Fan Noli was made a deacon in Brooklyn and on 8 March 1908 Platon, the Russian Orthodox Archbishop of New York, ordained him as an Orthodox priest. A mere two weeks later, on 22 March 1908, the young Noli proudly celebrated the liturgy in Albanian for the first time at the Knights of Honor Hall in Boston. This act constituted the first step towards the official organization and recognition of an Albanian Autocephalic Orthodox Church.

From February 1909 to July 1911, Noli edited the newspaper Dielli (The sun), mouthpiece of the Albanian community in Boston. On 10 August 1911, he set off for Europe for four months where he held church services in Albanian for the colonies in Kishinev, Odessa, Bucharest and Sofia. Together with Faik bey Konitza who had arrived in the United States in 1909, he founded the Pan-Albanian Vatra (The hearth) Federation of America on 28 April 1912, which was soon destined to become the most powerful and significant Albanian organization in America. Fan Noli had now become the recognized leader of the Albanian Orthodox community and was an established writer and journalist of the nationalist movement. In November 1912, Albania was declared independent, and the thirty-year-old Noli, having graduated with a B.A. from Harvard University, hurriedly returned to Europe. In March 1913, among other activities, he attended the Albanian Congress of Trieste which was organized by his friend and rival Faik bey Konitza.
    MiSTeRi_ViP
    MiSTeRi_ViP
    S.Moderator
    S.Moderator

Gjinia : Male

Numri i postimeve : 274

Piket : 304

Vendodhja : Usa

Reputacion : 1

Data e hyrjes : 11/12/2009

Mosha : 33

Hobi:: : Shoqeri Lek Femra Muhabet!

rreth Re: LETERSIA SHQIPE FAN NOLI

Mesazh nga MiSTeRi_ViP Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:13 pm

O LANO E KE KAP VETEN ANGLISHTTTT......ECE ATY PLAKO FRENA DOREEEEE.......HAHAHAHA